Monday, 14 January 2013

Print Manual//front cover experiment:foiling

FOILING

I experimented with foiling, as an alternative for my print manual front cover. Seeing as the overall publication, especially the cover, is fairly plain, I wanted to try foiling as a way of maintaining the simplicity of the design but adding an extra dimension and also demonstrating one of the processes, mentioned inside the manual itself.

I did a test first, trying out copper and gold foil on different versions of the title



I used the heat press to transfer the foil onto the ink





This was the tester, which turned out a success.
The copper doesn't stand out enough against the black though, so I will probably use gold foil for the print manual sample cover





No comments:

Post a Comment